Friday, March 28, 2014

Explain why you chose the book that you did (Vixen) #1

I chose to read Vixen because the setting is in the 1920's and I am fascinated with that time period.   I also chose this book because I thought it would be interesting to see what teenagers did in the 20's without cellphones and other electronics.  Initially, it was the cover of the book that drew me in.  It was a picture of a girl wearing a vintage dress with bobbed hair.  It immediately caught my attention.  It didn't take long to realize that it was an interesting story from the very beginning.  The girls in the book are in high school, and since I am too, I thought I could try to see if there was anything I could relate to.  I look forward to finding similarities and differences between teenagers then and now.

6 comments:

  1. Are you far along in the book? Are you finding a lot of similarities between teenagers then and now? It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be cool to see a lot of the differences! I also wondered what the do! It will be interesting to find out! what is the book about though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it you like about the 1920's? Personally I enjoy the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything that you have in common with the characters? Other than you're both in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really interesting! I am currently learning about the 1920's in History right now and I agree that it would be very interesting to see how High School students acted in the 'olden' days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously obsessed with the 1920's. I love the style, music and everything about it, so I might just have to read this book! You're right, it would be very interesting seeing the differences. I can't wait to read your other blogs to find out more about the book!

    ReplyDelete