Saturday open house a chance to learn about sikh faith
The Guru Nanak Society opened their doors and invited communities to come inside and find out who they really are.
"Since 9/11 Sikhs have been misidentified as terrorists and periodically targeted for violence, including the 2012 shooting deaths of six Sikhs at their gurdwara in suburban Milwaukee."
This sentence makes an impact on me because it's sad for me to know that people will make assumptions just because other individuals don't look 'normal' to them.
I chose this article because I went to the open house and it was interesting for me to see other people's lifestyles and how they are very different from mine. For example, when we got there, we had to take off our shoes and cover our heads with scarves. We don't have to do that at the church I go to.
No comments:
Post a Comment