Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Reading Assignment #3

A section of the book that I found "hooking" is when Chip says "Listen, I'm not going to be your entree to Culver Creek social life."  to Miles.  I found this part "hooking" because since they met, Miles thought that Chip was a little strange, but he was still nice.  Also, Miles helped Chip bring his couch from the storage room back to the room that they are staying in.  Miles mentioned that it is very hot, so why would Chip say that to him after he helped him?  Then it started to make a little more sense because Chip explained to Miles that there are two different kinds of groups at this school.  He said that there are the 'regular boarders', like himself, and then there are the 'Weekday Warriors', who are the rich kids that go to their parents mansions in the wealthy part of Alabama.  Chip told Miles that he doesn't like the cool kids, and they don't like him, so he is just warning Miles that if he came to this school thinking that he was hot stuff, he shouldn't be hanging around him very often.  Another part that I found "hooking" is when Chip told Miles not to call him Chip, but to call him the Colonel.  Then he told Miles that instead of calling him Miles, he will call him Pudge.  "Because you're skinny. It's called irony, Pudge. Heard of it?"         

No comments:

Post a Comment