Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Reading Assignment #4

I decided to read Looking for Alaska out of all of the other choices because my friend decided to read it too and I thought it would be nice for us to be reading the same book in case either of us had any questions about a part, we could just ask the other person.  Another reason why I chose this book is because the author, John Green, wrote The Fault in Our Stars which is a really popular book.  I still haven't read it yet but reading this book would determine if I wanted to read another book of his.  I also decided to read this book because I could download it straight to my tablet on my Kindle app, so that made it easy to read.  A connection that I made to this book is that I stand out from other people at my school because one of my hobbies is playing different instruments.  That is similar to Miles because one of his hobbies is to memorize people's last words.  It is also similar to Miles because he stands out being from a different state from everyone else.  I would recommend this book to my cousin but not until she gets a little older because there is a lot of profanity in this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment