Wednesday, May 14, 2014
What does the work tell us about how the society affects the individual? (Vixen) #7
This work tells us about how the society affects the individual because Gloria, one of the main characters, is supposed to be a smart, talented, good girl, but she is getting tired of the same things happening every day. Even though drinking alcohol is illegal, people still do it anyway. I think that factor changed Gloria's mind about drinking. Since other people are doing it and not getting in trouble, why can't she? I think that is one of the reasons why Gloria went to the speakeasy. I wonder why Gloria is getting married even though she is a senior in High School. Was that a normal thing to do back then? Was High School the time to get married? I wouldn't think so. I thought that being a senior is the most stressful time in a person's High School experience. You have to make sure you do well on your tests, you have to do well at your job if you have one, you have to keep your GPA up, etc. I wonder if GPA's existed in the 1920's. I feel that Gloria is under a lot of pressure with her family. They expect her to be a perfect person, and she's getting really tired of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that you added in your own thoughts and questions, and just saying I agree with them. I like when you said she's tired of being the perfect person because I would get really tired of the same things happening everyday too.
ReplyDelete